Salary/Pay Rate: FY 21 $23.47/hour – $26.03/hour
Posted Date: 11/3/2020
DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Perform routine laboring duties, alone or as part of a crew, such as: digging, raking, weeding, lifting, carrying, grass cutting, fertilizing, planting, shoveling, removing brush or trash, cleaning, sweeping, light painting or repair work, duties of a skilled nature; repair and resurface roads and sidewalks; repair culverts; dig and backfill trenches; provide pool maintenance; set up traffic safety patterns; and tasks of similar complexity.
- Use hand tools, basic motorized equipment and operate small dump trucks.
- Maintain work area and equipment in safe and operable condition, adhering to all applicable safety and health rules and regulations; provide assistance to contractors as directed; and provide on-call emergency assistance.
- Serve as part of a work crew in other divisions; provide support to all division maintenance activities; assist other Town departments as required; and endeavor to continuously improve the services provided to the taxpayers.
- Provide on-call duties during snow emergencies operating snow plowing and removal. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform routine laboring.
- Operate power tools, light hydraulic and motorized equipment on a beginner to intermediate skill level; assist in installing, repairing and maintaining sewer pipes, water mains, services and hydrants; read interior and exterior water meters; and clean storm sewers, catch basins and pipes.
- Assist in seasonal responsibilities including assembling and dismantling spectator stands and related equipment; mowing, leaf and rubbish collection; tree planting; weeding; sweeping, cleaning and other duties.
- Cut and remove severed tree limbs, dead branches and brush; and handle and apply concrete at a beginner skill level.
- Training & Experience: Position requires 3 months to one year of relevant experience.
- Required Knowledge/Skills: Position requires general knowledge equivalent to high school diploma.
- Special Qualifications: Possession of valid Massachusetts Drivers License.
- Additional Provisions: Must adhere to all applicable Town and Departmental employee policies. Must adhere to all requirements of all alcohol and drug testing policies and programs required by the United States Department of Transportation, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Town of Dedham, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
POSITION REPORTS TO: DPW Director, Division Superintendent, and Public Works Foreman
HOW TO APPLY:
Open until filled; however, first consideration given to applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please submit your electronic application along with your resume and cover letter here.
This opening is a vacancy in a new position.
A complete job description is available upon request.
The Town of Dedham is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V and does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual preference or any other legally protected status.