Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Highway Superintendent, Operations Supervisor and Crew Supervisor performs duties relative to the repair and maintenance of streets and sidewalks, including snow removal. Must be able to report to work within thirty minutes of notice for emergencies including snowstorms, icy roads and other conditions.
1. Excavation of sites.
2. Repair of roads and sidewalks.
3. Grading of town dirt roads.
4. Installation and cleaning of drainage lines, installation and repair of catch basins.
5. Maintains and cleans waterways, clearing them of debris.
6. Roadside mowing and cleanup.
7. Maintenance of Town grounds and buildings.
8. Snow removal and street cleaning.
9. Required to be on-call for snow and other emergencies.
10. Operates hand tools and heavy equipment.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Prior experience with equipment requiring a Hydraulic License and the ability to operate a front-end loader is required. Successful experience in snow removal operations is also required. High School Education and two years experience in the operation of large trucks and equipment. Experience in tree and lawn care work or nursery operations, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess a valid CDL driver’s license with a Massachusetts Department of Public Safety Hoisting License and a good driving record is required.
Location: Highway Department Approximate Start Date: ASAP
Direct Report: Highway Superintendent
Recruiting both within and outside the Town. If interested, please submit a resume to Human Resources, Town Hall, 55 Main Street, Westford, MA 01886. Please reference Requisition #: 21-387-H
The Town of Westford is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Town and requirements of the job change.
Post: February 10, 2021 Remove: February 24, 2021